External Seals for Precast Manholes – Repair. Restore. Reseal.
MarMac’s MacWrap for Manholes is used for external seals for precast manholes and manhole structures. It’s an advanced external joint coupler specifically designed for preventing infiltration at connections of manhole sections.
- MacWrap is reinforced rubberized mastic external sealing bands with integrated mechanical compression straps that are used to seal the joint between two sections of a manhole structure. The rubberized mastic is formulated to adhere aggressively to all known concrete surfaces. Additionally, the integrated compression bands mechanically seal and form a permanent bond to the pipe wall. The woven polypropylene component provides shear and puncture resistance. The minimum length of the coupler is the circumference of the outside diameter of pipes to be sealed and an additional eight inches (8″) for overlap. Two layers (minimum) of rubberized mastic (0.120″ thick) with a sheet of strong puncture resistant woven polypropylene with an outside backing of cross-laminated polyethylene resistant to acids and bases.
- Specially formulated base layer.
- Steel compression bands.
- Internally laminated layer of high shear strength woven polypropylene.
- Protected from corrosion, acids, alkali.
- Meets ASTM C877 (Type II). *Industry standard for external joint seals*
- Passes ASTM C 1244
- Formulated mastic provides a full-perimeter positive seal against infiltration and exfiltration.
- Heavy-duty polyethylene backing
- With tens of thousands of these couplers installed and performing successfully throughout North America, MacWrap has proven to be the premier solution for even the most challenging of installations and has become the “go-to” solution for when it really matters. MacWrap is designed to be installed in the worst field conditions and protect your system from infiltration and exfiltration permanently. MacWrap succeeds where other products fail.
Tell us about your application and let our experts help find the best solution for your situation—and send you a free quote!
Also ask about MacWrap for Box Culverts and RCP.