Product Description: Dual (x2) active component antimicrobial and anti-fungal admixture for concrete & cementitious building materials.
Applications: Concrete/Cement structures and systems where it is essential to inhibit the growth of damaging microbes.
- Dual (x2) and cooperative active ingredients
- Formaldehyde free
- Becomes permanent and integral part of concrete/cement
- Decreases corrosion due to microbial and fungal growth
- Prolongs serviceable lifespan of concrete/cement structures and systems
- Added directly to concrete/cement mix without dilution
- Does not alter the physical characteristics of the end product
- Will not leach, wash away, or migrate
- Does not adversely affect environment
- Does not induce or promote microbial or fungal mutations
- Eliminates the need for toxic or environmentally damaging treatments or chemicals
- Stable to store and utilize
AMX 1020 works by two mechanisms:
- Component one attracts microorganisms via a positive electrical charge then pierces the cellular structure, resulting in the death of the microbe
- Component two is a phenol derivative that destroys the cellular walls of microbes and/or fungi on contact.
Both components in the proprietary compound work synergistically to improve overall effectiveness.